Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Another Semester in Paradise- Fall 2012

         My short 6 week summer break officially ended a week ago and I am loving my new classes here at BYU-I!  I am starting to get into the better classes for my major (Child Development and Preschool Education) and I am loving it.  I have a feeling that this semester is going to be one of the best yet! With great roommates, great classes, great friends, and great jobs this semester may even beat out last semester as #1!  The possibilities are endless and I can't wait to see what is in store.

Classes:
  • Infant and Toddler Development
    • I love babies!  This class will be a lot of work but it should be good.
  • Pearl of Great Price
    • Taught by Brother Riggins! He has been one of my favorite teachers at this university so far.  He really succeeds when teaching by the spirit.  I feel so blessed to be able to learn from him once again.  He has taught me so much in the last 5 months that I have known him and I can't thank him enough for the difference that he has made in my life.  
  • Family Relations
    • The real reason that I created this blog!  I can already tell that I am going to learn so much from this class that will help me later in life.  If nothing else, then at least I learned how to blog!
  • Foundations of Early Childhood
    • This class is 2 times a week for an hour and a half and is great so far.  We have a few projects coming up that require us to work with and study children so I am excited!
  • Nutrition and Young Children
    • This class is going to be so helpful!  
  • College Algebra
    • I am only taking this class because I took it awhile ago and bombed it... SO, I am fixing my GPA.  I want my rockin' GPA back!  YES!!! 
Roommates: 
         Jamie, Alexia, Katherine, Ashley, and Melissa.  Jamie and I miss our roommies from last semester like crazy but we think that these new ones are pretty great so far.  

Friends:  
  • It is so great to have Bryce and Kyle back!!  It was a long 2 years and I was so ready for them to come back to me!  Reunited and back in the Burg together!  Good stuff!
  • I am so blessed with all of the friends that I have, near and far.  I have so many people that care about me and sometimes I wonder what I did to be surrounded by such amazing people.  
My Jobs: 
  • I work as a cashier at Broulim's in Rexburg when I am out here at school.  I work 1 or 2 days a week for 5 to 8 hours at a time.  I people that I work with are great and I am so blessed to have a job that lets me transfer from Rexburg to Driggs and back when I am at school or offtrack.
  • I work as a paper grader and TA for Brother Wray in the Biology department.  I am his head grader and that makes me in charge of grading for his 3 major classes (that is A LOT of papers!).  My friend Stacy is Brother Wray's TA for his other BIO lab and she also helps me grade when she can.  It is so fun to work with both Stacy and Bro Wray.  I have 2 of the best jobs a college student can have!! 
Life is gooooood!!  

Shanna

2 comments:

  1. Yes, life is very, very good.

    Thanks for this enthusiastic blog, Shanna.

    Bro Williams

    ReplyDelete